I am pleased to offer several night photography workshops this summer in Truckee's beautiful Martis Valley.
- August 8th 2015 - How to shoot the Milky Way (New Moon)
- More dates and classes will be announced through the summer - stay tuned to my newsletter (sign up here).
Each workshop includes a minimum of two hours of shooting time, and at least an hour of post-processing the following day in my gallery/studio in Downtown Truckee.
The rate for this workshops is $275 per person. Maximum class size for these workshops is 4 students.
I will teach you the basics of shooting landscape photos at night, including but not limited to:
- - How to focus at night
- - Strategies for star dots versus star trails and proper Milky way exposure.
- - How to shoot the milky way or moon (depending on which class you are in)
- - High-ISO low-noise approach
- - Proper exposure and camera settings for night astrophotos
- - Basic post processing in Lightroom and Photoshop
You will need a DSLR, tripod, and cable release to take one of these classes. If you elect to come to the post-processing workshop, you'll get much more out of it if you bring your own laptop with Lightroom / Photoshop installed. Demo versions are available via a trial version of Creative Cloud at Adobe's website.
If you want to learn more, contact me through this blog or give me a call at 530-386-6492.